Pages

OOTD #1: Summer Denim (and a Tow Truck Rescue)

I've never done an outfit post before, but the sun was shining and a trip to Stamford was long overdue so I decided seize the opportunity to take some photographs. I recently purchased these gorgeous sandals from Topshop (even more brilliant for only costing me £27 in the sale) and so they deserved a good welcome into the world. This they certainly got, but more of that later. 

My friend, Harriet, and I drove to Stamford with the intention of soaking up the last of the sunshine's rays and a little mooch around. As we arrived, we spotted the ice cream van in the usual spot by the green and so our priorities instantly shifted; both of us really needed a '99. (Head to my Instagram for ice cream photographs - expect a lot of sprinkles: @MariaFCase) After indulging on ice cream, we had a look around a few shops and stopped for a peppermint tea at The Cosy Club before heading back to the car. So far, so good. 

On our journey home, my car's engine decided to cut out while I was driving on the A1. Despite feeling very scared and panicky, we pulled over onto the hard shoulder and jumped out, hoping that the AA or my Dad would come to our rescue. Thirty minutes later and we were still standing at the side of the A1. As luck would have it, a knight in shining armour actually did arrive (aka. a random man with a tow truck) and he helped us to get off the hard shoulder and home again safely. My faith in humanity has been restored. This man helped us out of a potentially dangerous situation simply as an act of kindness and it made my day feel very special indeed. He was from Leeds, too - further proof that Northerners are really great? Perhaps so. 



Shirt - H&M
Belt - My Grandfather's
Jeans and Shoes - Topshop

No comments:

Post a Comment